Gigi's No-Bake Cookies
2 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa*
1/2 c. milk
1 stick margarine
1/2 c. peanut butter*
3 c. oats
1 tsp. vanilla extract*
- Mix sugar, cocoa, milk & margarine in a large saucepan. (Don't turn the heat on just yet).
- Pre-measure your oats and peanut butter so they're ready for use after your boiled mixture is finished. Keep your teaspoon & vanilla extract close by these ingredients (and a hot pad to set your saucepan on, that's helpful).
- Spread your wax paper out on a dry surface next to your pre-measured ingredients.
- Turn on the stove! Stir your sugar/cocoa/milk/margarine mixture continuously over heat until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Allow this mixture to boil for one full minute. This step is important for ensuring that your cookies actually harden - trust me, I've learned the hard way. I find it helpful to set the timer on my microwave for 1:00 prior to starting the stove.
- Remove from heat and quickly add peanut butter, oats, and vanilla extract.
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed and drop quickly onto waxed paper.